Here are the rest of my pictures from the March for Babies. What a great way to spend the morning. I was so thankful to have my sister and friends here to walk with us. Last year we walked in KS, where almost all of our family lives, and we had a lot of people come out and walk with us. When I knew we would be doing the Baltimore walk, I was a little sad that it would just be the three of us. It was great to have some extra support. This year, I felt great for just about 99% of the time. But, there was that tiny little moment, that I don't even think anyone noticed, where that thing called grief flowed up from where it's been hiding and literally took my breath away. My eyes filled with hot tears as I kneeled down to give C his "I am walking for Wesley" sticker. I wanted so badly to tell him why we were doing this walk. How we had raised so much money to help other babies. And how keeping Wesley's memory alive makes him such a great big brother. Instead I simply asked him if he wanted a sticker. I put it on his shirt and pulled him in for a hug. And I kissed the top of his head. And I was thankful. And I was sad. Then I heard the speaker say that the Baltimore chapter had raised over $550,000. And I was proud. The swell of grief subsided. And I was proud.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those pictures are great! I am cracking up though at the one of me and Clint-first of all i'm blinded by my white legs and secondly I look like I'm trying to poop, and thirdly my hair is whacked out!!! love you
We were honored to share this experience with you. We'll be back before you know it! Without even telling you! We could be there right now, you dont know!
-Alex
Several comments to make about this post.
First of all, I am totally in awe of the way you are able to express your self. You are beautiful person inside and out and I was proud to support you while we were honoring Wesley's memory at the March for Babies.
Secondly, thanks for the awful pictures of me. . . I know my hair has been frizzy and poofy before but I am pretty sure that Sunday, April 25, 2010 takes the gold medal.....YUCK. Oh yes and you and Alex look like siblings and Clint and I look like siblings. . .weird.
Thirdly...lets hang out again...SOON!!
LOVE YOU and it was SO WONDERFUL to see you and hang out with you and your family!
Bonnie :)
Post a Comment