Hubby informed me last night that I need to step up my blogging. I told him I haven't taken any new pictures so I haven't posted. To which he replied, "you don't have to have pictures." Shocker, I know. So, this pictureless post is for you babe.
* C has croup, again. :( He woke up Monday night with that awful seal bark cough. He spent the rest of the night alternating between coughing, crying, and blaming me for him being sick. The doc put him on an oral steroid this time and it has worked wonders. For the cough. One of the side affects is hyperactivity. She told me to give it to him early in the day because it would wind him up. Just what my child needs...some extra energy.
* We made a ton of sugar cookies the other day. Which I was planning on taking to our neighbors, but then thought better of it because my child would want to go inside their homes and play all while hacking up a lung. Then the perfect idea occurred to me and I packed up those delicious snowmen and sent them to my brother-in-law overseas.
* We will be picking hubby up from the airport in about 30 hours!!! He'll be home for two weeks for Christmas exodus. So, so grateful to have him home for the holidays.
* We're going to see my sister this weekend. (Assuming everyone is well!)
* It is bitter cold here. And just as I did the last two winters I was in Kansas, I am mourning the loss of my Mississippi winters. Oh, how I miss them. :(
* I may have broken my little toe last night. In the most ridiculous way, of course. Which is why I attempted to run on the treadmill in spite of the pain this morning. I made it about half a lap. It's also why I will not go to the doctor today. It's just too soon to admit that stubbing your toe on the vacuum cleaner could actually cause legitimate damage. But, man it hurts. In the "hurts so bad I had a hard time sleeping last night" kind of way. Here's hoping it improves!
* I need to do a "the things he says" post soon because C has been coming up with some great ones the past couple of weeks.
*** We got an email from our adoption agency yesterday and our home study is officially complete! It's been "unofficially complete" since September, which is when we were placed on the waiting list. But, now the report has actually been written and notarized and they are sending us copies in the mail! Which means it's time for me to start cranking out those grant applications.
I know this was supposed to be a pictureless post, but this is how I'll know he read it. "Why'd you put that picture of me on your blog?" ;)
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment