Hubby has been getting onto me about updating the blog. I finally have time. Due in part to the fact that I put my child to bed at 6:45. That's right, I will do crazy things to preserve my sanity. ;) Really, he had a rough time during his gymnastics class, made many more bad choices on the way home and in the grocery store and earned himself an early bedtime. One of those "man, if I wasn't sane...I'd be crazy" kind of nights. It's not really a reflection of how our days have been going lately though. Things have been good. We tried a new small group out at church. They said "children welcome" which I thought meant childcare will be provided. But, what it really meant was "you are welcome to bring your four year old son and leave him in the company of three preteen boys to play video games for two hours." Me thinks we need to find a new small group. Spent a gorgeous afternoon at the park on Monday. Thought I had made a new friend. Went to get her number and she said, "Yeah, I didn't really follow up with the last gal I exchanged numbers with. I just never called her...her son was kind of 'wild'." Ha! See, I said "thought" I made a new friend, but something tells me we may not be a good match. Other than that, we've just been living life. Nothing out of the ordinary, but nothing I would want to live without!
A little bible story enactment during school time.
As you can see, we enforce a strict dress code around here.
My new spring/summer wreath!
Baking on a rainy day. Banana chocolate chip muffins. Very yummy.
I had 2. C had 4!
Finally!
A rainy day that was warm enough for him to play outside with his Batman umbrella.
He was excited.
Another rainy day activity.
After ten minutes of playing this game, I had to get a picture. I want to remember the silly things my four year old thought were so much fun!
We are getting so close to having hubby home for good! In 8 days he comes home for a week and then we've got less than a month to go until he's home for good.
Our paper chain used to stretch all the way to the bottom of the banister...now look how short it is!
Yay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment