Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Friday, September 23, 2011

The things he says...

After setting down his lunch plate, which included pepperoni
C: I didn't even order that.
Me:  I know, but you need some protein.
C:  Protein?  Protein is poop.

C:  I can't wait 'til I get to hug him.
Me:  I know.  That will be so great when we all get to heaven and can hug Jesus.
C:  I can't do that.  My knees will be all wobbly.

Hubs:  Whoa.
Me:  What?
Hubs:  Nothing.  You're just kind of scary.
Me:  Well, you're sitting in the backseat.  Do you want to drive?
Hubs:  Slow down!
Me:  Seriously, want me to stop the car so you can drive?
Hubs:  I'm just trying to help you out.  The speed limit's like 15 right here.
Me:  Yeah it switches to 15 right here.  One more word and I'm gonna pull over.
C:  Shh Daddy!  Don't say anything.
Hubs:  What buddy?
C:  Quiet!  Don't do it daddy.  Don't say one word.
Hubs:  Why?
C:  Because I don't know what that thing means that she said she's gonna do.

C:  Whew!  That was a lot of poop coming out of me.
Me:  Yeah it was.  It was stinky poop too.
C:  You stink like a little fish.
Me.  Honey
C:  What?
Me:  It's ok to say that something stinks, but when we say that a person stinks it can hurt their feelings.
C:  I'm not talking about you.  I'm talking about a horse I know named Rachel.

C:  Can you stop all that banging around?  It's so loud.  It's distracting me while I'm coloring.
Hubs:  Why don't you appreciate what Mommy is doing for you right now.
C:  I appreciate her cooking my dinner.  I just don't appreciate the noise.
Me:  Well, I'll try to keep it down.
C:  Then I'm not mad at you.

After finding his scissors and numerous opened fruit snack packages strewn about downstairs.
Me:  C, does Mommy ever let you you eat five packages of gummies at a time?
C:  No.
Me:  How many do I let you have?
C:  One.
Me:  So, if I only give you one at a time, why did you think it was ok to eat five packs in a row?
C:  Because I am five.

While enjoying a nice family dinner out at Panera I thought I'd give C an opportunity to share with Daddy some of his new found knowledge.
Me:  C, do you want to tell Daddy about what we learned in science today?  Remember we breathe air in through our...
C:  Nose and mouth.
Me:  And it travels down our...
C:  Testicles!
If that's not proof of the benefits of homeschooling, I don't know what is.  I mean you just can't get an education like that outside the home.  Am I right?  We're only a few weeks into the school year, so this might be a little premature.  But, I'm expecting my teacher of the year award any day now.

No comments: