Whew! Where has November gone?! Last time I blogged it was October and now Thanksgiving is almost here. Craziness. As my mom pointed out the last time I talked to her, "You could be going to Korea in four months. It will be here before you know it." I agreed. I always thought that once we made it to Fall the time would fly by. There's Halloween, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then it's the New Year and then BAM travel time. At least that's how I'm hoping it will happen. It still looks like we will travel in March or April. At a recent meeting at our adoption agency I got some clarification on how those last couple of months work. We'll get a series of 3 phone calls. Basically from the time we get the first call until we get the "travel call" letting us know our boy is ready to come home...it can be as fast as 4 weeks up to 11 weeks depending on how fast everything moves. And, of course, that's based on the current trend of time lines, which are always subject to change. But, at least it looks like we'll have a pretty good idea on when we'll be travelling. When we get that 2nd call we'll know it's time to kick our butts into gear because 1-3 weeks after that we'll be booking airline tickets. Yay!!!
Now that he's turned one, our lil' peanut only goes to the agency every other month for a check-up. So, he should be in again at the end of December. I'm hoping to get new pictures and maybe a new developmental report. The last one of those we got was at 12 months and when they are that young, a lot can change in four months. Hopefully the most recent package we sent will be waiting for him at the agency when he goes in in December.
Here's
almost everything that was inside. I managed to cram another container of puffs into that gallon sized bag!
C has been asking for a pet. Repeatedly. Quick let's squelch this desire...buy the kid another stuffed animal. And it doesn't help that hubby encourages this whole animal nonsense. I rather enjoy our pet free home. So, I was less than thrilled when this happened...
Oh yes, that's a cat. That hubby retrieved from our bedroom. Eww gross. That thing could've been on my bed. He came home from the gym one morning to a cat hanging around our front patio. And when he opened the door it darted in (so he claims...for all I know he coaxed it inside with a bag of catnip) and ran straight up to our room.
All I saw was hubby darting up the stairs and when I followed him to see what was up he came out of our room with a cat in his arms! C really wanted to keep it...but I am certain that it already belonged to some one.
Thankfully, hubby is a dog person, so he backed me up on that one.
No comments:
Post a Comment