Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Friday, December 23, 2011

I heart Ikea

My birthday brought many blessings (several that came tucked away inside birthday cards).  I was glad to finally be able to complete a project I'd been wanting to do.  C has been all about the drawing/coloring/project making the past few months and I had been dreaming about his own little art station for awhile. 
Two and a half hours in Ikea later (seriously I could spend ALL day in that place.  Wouldn't it be awesome to walk in to one of their mock kitchens one day and say, "I'll take this one.  All of it."???)
I think he's pretty happy with it. :)  He told me he's glad it's in his room so "if I need a little alone time without William I can just go in there and shut the door."  ;)
When I use the term "art station" he looks at me like he has no idea what I'm talking about.  He's been calling it his office since the day after we set it up.  That first morning he was up bright and early "working."  When I got up I went into his room to find a note waiting for me.
Aw, he didn't want me to worry.  So sweet of him. :)  Throughout the day he will announce, "Well, it's time for me to go to work now.  I'll be in my office if anybody needs me."  The kid makes me laugh.

No comments: