Last night we went to one one of C's favorite places here in KS. The T-Rex Cafe! The first time we took him here he was only 2. When we walked in and he was greeted by the giant, roaring, moving T-Rex he freaked out! And he spent the entire meal with his head buried in my lap hiding under my jacket. It was probably the most relaxing meal hubby and I had eaten in awhile. ;) After that first time, he loved it!
Lil' peanut seems to agree with his big brother. That T-Rex should not be the first thing you see when you walk through the door. Baby didn't like it! Thankfully you couldn't see him from our table, and lil' peanut was fine during dinner. He actually liked it. Just as long as I didn't try to get him too close to any of the dinosaurs for a picture.
Dance party in the elevator!
So handsome. :)
My parents told the waitress both the boys were celebrating their birthdays. Lil' peanut got his own sundae! This is the look he made when they all came over to our table clapping and singing. Ha! He looks a little concerned. :)
C has been carrying around the same $8 in a little bowl now for several days. $6 of it he got for his birthday and he's managed to swindle Papa out of $2 more. But, he has yet to spend it. The gift shop at the restaurant was about the third place we've been where he has spent forever looking at things in his price range. He takes his money with him "just in case I see something" but he says he is saving it to use the next time we go to the farmstead. They have a little mining activity that he wants to do and I never let him because it's $5 to sort through a bag of rocks! He was pretty excited the other night when I told him that he will have enough to do the mining and buy a popsicle. Now I need to get him to the farmstead so he can use that money before it burns a hole in his pocket! I have been so impressed because this is the first time EVER he has not spent money the very day he gets it. I've praised him for his patience and now he loves to tell people how "This is the first time I've ever saved my money!" Even strangers. Like the boy at the T-Rex Cafe drinking out of the fun souvenir cup C had contemplated getting. "I like your cup. I was going to get one, but I'm saving my money. This is the first time I've ever done that."
No comments:
Post a Comment