We finally got a nice, big snow! This is the only time this year we got snow that actually covered the ground. Perfect for sledding and building forts and snowmen. All the neighborhood kids have spring break this week so I was glad C's school called a snow day. (We had actually decided to just keep him home so he could play right before we got the cancellation email) This is, after all, the last real snow he will see or awhile with our move to Texas. At least I hope so! It better not snow here in April. Hubby went in to work only to discover that he didn't need to be there, so he got to enjoy most of the snow day with us. C played outside for FOUR hours! There were so many kids out that he just had a blast. He didn't even ask me to come join him (whew!). He only came in twice, once because "Mom, I think I have frostbite on my face! Can you check it? Someone said that it turns black if you have frostbite." "Nope, just a piece of snow stuck in your hood." "Oh, that's what was biting me?!" And once to get a snow shovel for fort building. Lil' peanut enjoyed looking at the snow through the windows, but occasionally covered his face (which he does when he's scared) and said "scared snow." Yes! A child who hates the cold as much as I do. ;) He and I enjoyed the cozy warmth of the house while we watched C play outside.

Snowman building!
Yep, those are forks for arms. Which, I should probably go out and look for soon.
Quite content staying indoors.
A little help from Dad with the fortress building.
I'm so glad C finally got his big snow. The next time we see one it will probably be because we planned a trip back to Kansas for an expected snow storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment