Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wednesday


Well, we are down to just one more day that hubby is out of town.  These pictures are from Wednesday.  That morning we woke up and did a trial run to C's new school.  I've been there twice, both times in the afternoon.  So, I wanted to test the traffic in the morning and see what time we actually need to leave.  They were excited to check out the outdoor learning area (since last time we were there to turn in registration paperwork their unfortunate behavior kept them from getting to explore).  
I love this idea and I really hope that it gets used often by the classes.  I also hope the mosquitoes let up as the weather cools off a bit.  They were horrendous!  I will definitely need to send C with bug spray!
"If you can see through your shirt like this, then just do it.  The bugs can't get you in here."


After our quick walk on the trail we headed back to a park we saw on our way to the school.  It was a really cute playground, and thankfully there wasn't a mosquito around.


We had a pretty chill afternoon and then went to soccer.  I didn't make lil' peanut sit in the stroller very long this time and he did surprisingly well.  I only had to get up from my chair once to reign him back in.  C also surprised me at practice.  They were having a scrimmage and there was a little pile-up when 3 other boys fell down.  C stopped what he was doing and ran to each one of them to ask if they were ok and to offer to help them up.  I made sure to make note of it when we were talking at bedtime. 
 
This morning we went to the library to cash in on the last of the summer reading program.  We joined just about 3 weeks ago and between books he read himself and me reading to him, C managed to exceed the 60 book goal!  Lil' peanut didn't get as many prizes as his big brother...he doesn't quite have the attention span yet.  It was a good reminder for me though to sit down and make a point of reading to him.  He had very little interest in books when he first came home so I unconsciously had stopped trying to read to him.  He actually enjoys them now!  Yay!  I hope I have another little bookworm on my hands.  We've been to our new library a few times already and each time C goes straight to the person at the children's desk and asks for help finding pokemon books.  Well, lil' peanut has been paying attention because today it seems he realized he too had the power to gain access to any book he wanted simply by bothering the woman at the desk. ;)  "Tractor book."  And one minute after she found us two of those I turn around at the sound of "Airplane book."  C was thrilled to be led to the video game section (since when do libraries carry video games?!) for a pokemon wii game that apparently he's never played because "Daddy says it costs too much money."  Ha!  Well, now he has it to enjoy for 3 weeks.  And enjoy it he did today.  I was feeling quite worn out and battled a headache for most of the day so it was a lazy afternoon/evening around here. 
 
We're just resting up for the big day tomorrow.  My baby turning SEVEN!  Oh, how is it even possible?!  I'm off to hang a Happy Birthday banner and make sure all is in order for a French toast breakfast in the morning.


No comments: