Wow! One week ago our little pumpkin decided that he was ready to make his entrance. This week has been full of baby snuggles, lots of fun having Daddy around, and quite a bit of resting for me. Both the big boys seem to really enjoy having their new baby brother around. Lil' peanut has been soaking up all the one-on-one time he's getting with Daddy while C is at school, but he makes sure to check in on me and baby often.
He gets so excited when pumpkin does anything that resembles interaction. ;) Like in the above photo, lil' peanut was saying, "Oh! Baby touching me. Why baby touch my arm? Baby want hold my hand!"And "Baby look at me! Mom, baby look at me." It's really sweet.
C is also always curious as to what pumpkin is up to and he can often be found documenting his findings. :)
This time he was "interviewing" pumpkin. C and I took turns answering for him in our best baby voices. :)
Hubby has been putting the big kids to bed at night (he's been doing a LOT actually. Gold stars for him in the helpful husband/super dad department this past week) and the other night he took pumpkin in with him when it was time to lay down and snuggle with C. Well, C apparently loved that! Last night I read books to C and when he asked me to send Daddy in for snuggles he asked if he would please bring the baby. I told him probably not because the baby was sleeping. Well, when I went to get hubby, I discovered that pumpkin was awake so C got his wish. He was so happy to see hubby carry him in. I think we might have a new bedtime ritual...and it's pretty darn precious!
No comments:
Post a Comment