Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Morning

We had such a lovely Christmas morning with our little family of five.  We've actually had really nice Christmases ever since the epic Christmas meltdown of 2010.  I've been revamping how we do Christmas ever since then and I feel like each year I'm getting closer to how I want it to look for our family.  We've never done santa.  Which doesn't seem radical to me, but you'd think it was by the way some people react.  I know there is so much more to giving Christmas back to Christ than just that.  And each year as the holidays approach I feel God nudging me...More.  Give me more.  Anyway, who knows what our Christmas will look like a few years from now?!  If we're radical now...lol.  Anyway, all that to say I think fewer gifts leads to a better experience.  At least it has in our case.  The boys got a stocking and one gift from us.  Both sets of grandparents were on board with the one gift idea this year but just couldn't resist adding a few more "little things."  I just wish they believed me when I said the boys truly don't need more than that one thing.  Because when it is one thing they had really hoped for they are so excited to receive it and those little extras hardly get noticed.
 
My sweet boys on Christmas morning.
I'm so thankful that everyone really enjoys having a baby in the house!
Stockings were always my favorite part of Christmas so I love stuffing the boys' stockings.


That phone was a huge hit!

So was the candy. Lol! Lil' peanut would have been happy with just that.
The tractor from Mommy and Daddy.

C was thrilled that Nana found him a plush black kyurem.  "This was on my list!" he said.






Trying out Nana and Papa's gift.  I think he needs another month or two.  Ha!
 
We are very blessed with these three little boys and really felt it this holiday season.

No comments: