Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Monday, September 22, 2014

Plan B

The sun was finally shining after days of thunderstorms, hubby was tdy, and we had a whole Saturday to fill.  We had avoided the zoo all summer because of the heat and the mosquitoes, so I knew the kids would be stoked to go.  I was right.  They were super excited and ran off to get dressed while I packed lunches and swim suits for the zoo's splash pad.  Then as I was finishing up the packing I went to grab my military id (because that's how we get in free at the zoo) and I remembered...I don't have a military id!!!  Gah!  It was tragically and mysteriously sucked up by the inner labyrinth of my parents car on our Dallas trip.  "I've got bad news guys."  C didn't understand why we couldn't just pay to go to the zoo.  "Because!  We're not paying to go somewhere that we can go for free!"  Since we'd just been to the space center we decided to put our moody gardens membership to use.  We had a really nice time.  The big boys were quite well behaved on this outing, which was a pleasant surprise. :)  I did have to drag lil' peanut in to the 4D Rio show because he said it was going to be too scary.  He was on the brink, but keeping it together until the water sprayed him in the face.  Thankfully that happened near the end.  We also took in the 3D Galapagos show which they both loved.  An unusual bird inhabits the island.  It's a booby.  C immediately whips his head toward me and with eyebrows raised whispers, "Mom!  Did you hear that?  That bird's name is booby."  The blue footed booby.  He claps his hands over his mouth to stifle his giggles and looks at me again with a face that says "Are you hearing this?!"  I can't believe we didn't wind up having a more in depth conversation about it later on. ;)  
 







Now to get a new id so I can take my boys to the zoo!

No comments: