C has a night-night chart. I implemented it a couple of months back when hubby was away and every night was a big, bedtime struggle. Basically, if he goes to bed without a fit and stays in bed, in the morning he gets a sticker. Anyway, I've gradually increased the number of stickers he has to get in order to earn a reward and he's been filling up his jellyfish chart for a trip to the aquarium for a little under a month. So, today was the big day!! It was fun, although I feel like we saw more people than sea creatures. It was very busy! I guess to be expected on a Saturday. And it is not really set up in a way where you can linger at exhibits and move at your own pace. They keep you moving!! We spent a lot less time there than I thought we would, but still had a good time.
We saw the dolphin show. During which, C could've cared less about the dolphins. He was too busy putting on a shark show for us with his new shark toy. He kept holding it up and telling me to be the diver and pet the shark. We also saw a show in the 4-D Immersion Theatre. Oooh, aahh. Seriously, this was my favorite part! It was about a 15 minute Dora and Diego adventure. Before it started, hubby prepped C. Telling him that in this movie, water might shoot up at us and our chairs might vibrate, etc. C was ready. I was not, considering the fact that I screamed like a little girl at the first puff of air on my neck! If you ever get the chance to see a 4-D movie, you should do it!! There was wind as we were swinging on the vines, and it smelled like flowers when we landed in the rainforest, we got wet going under the waterfalls, and there was snow! And bubbles! C loved it! I can't say the same for all the screaming babies in the back.
We came home and I took a nap while the boys hung out. It was glorious. After I woke up, we spent the rest of the evening playing. And when I say playing, I mean C and hubby chased me around, throwing bouncy balls at my head and shooting me in the butt with a nerf gun. Good times. ;)
1 comment:
I Love his little shark shirt. I bet he does, too. We sure do miss him and those smiles and all those questions and talking and laughing. And imagination. He sure has one. :)
Post a Comment