Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Birthday in WV!

My sweet nephew recently celebrated his "almost one" birthday.  His daddy is leaving for a deployment soon, so an early celebration was in order.  I am so glad we live close enough to be a part of things like this!!  And that I was able to make baby B's cakes!  So far, I've made all my nieces/nephews first birthday cakes.  Which I think is kind of special.  Cake making actually stresses me out quite a bit!  (May have something to do with having a wild boy underfoot in the kitchen!)  But, I always love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with the finished product. 
 This is what C created...
...while I worked on these...
The cakes survived the three hour drive to WV.  We almost lost them about a minute from our destination!  Hubby saw the brake lights in time and hollered, "Grab the cake!"  Whew.  I was not about to call my sister and give her that news.
The birthday boy!
We were able to spend some time with my sister and family after the party and the next day before we headed back home.  Hubby had to try out the tree house in their front yard.
Love this little chunky monkey!
My attempt to get a picture of the boys wearing their matching shirts. 
It was really successful.
See how well it's going?  And I just love the look on hubby's face. 
Ahh, I know that smirk well.

No comments: