I can't believe that you are 4! You are such a big boy. Although, we've taken to not telling you that too often. You've recently developed a little bit of anxiety about growing up.
You often ask me while eating, "Mom, does food just make me strong? Not too big?" I reassure you that food makes us strong and gives us energy so we can play.
"And it just makes me grow a little bit, like this?" as you point to the end of your finger. "Yep, just a tiny bit." "But, Mom I want to stay big as I am. I don't want to grow up." Oh baby, sometimes I don't want you to either.
But, there are so many adventures ahead of you. And I'm looking forward to helping you through them and eventually, standing back and watching you navigate this life all by yourself. No rush though. You just keep growing a little bit at a time, ok.
It doesn't seem like that long ago when you would crawl onto the treadmill and do your 'happy feet' dance. Now you can run faster than Mommy on there when Dad let's you! And run you do...a lot. You have so much energy!! From the time you get up in the morning until we tuck you in at night, you operate at 100%. Sometimes you wear me out!
You are so social. You always have been. And it makes me proud to watch you introduce yourself on the playground and fall right into play with other kids.
You have inherited the most intense parts of both your Mommy and your Daddy's personalities. Your energy and need to be 'on the go' comes from your Daddy. And you got your 'flair for drama' from me. ;) You have such an incredible imagination! You could engage in pretend play for hours. You even do different voices for the characters you play with, which you totally got from me and I love that!
At 4, you still haven't lost that sensitivity. You have such a tender heart and I hope you always will. You can fall apart over the tiniest things, but when I see you pat your little friend's shoulder and ask her what is wrong when she's crying...I know it's a worthwhile trade off.
You have completely embraced your 'boyhood' in the past year. You love to wrestle and play outside and get dirty. You think toots are hilarious, especially your own. You love reptiles, particularly snakes! And you love sharks. You know more about snakes and sharks than any 4 year old I've ever met, and probably most adults. Recently, Daddy has become quite the superstar in your eyes. You emulate his behavior and often claim him as your favorite. Which, I think is right and wonderful and just how a 4 year old little boy should feel.
Some of your favorite books are non-fiction. (That's how you learn so much about snakes and sharks!) And you really like to watch the animal planet and national geographic wild. Natgeo wild happens to be where you learned that some species of snakes have double penises. Um, yeah...like I said, you know a LOT about snakes.
Your sense of humor is emerging more and more as you grow. You told your first joke the other day. "What kind of tree do you hold in your hand? A palm tree." You heard it on Sid the Science Kid so it wasn't original, but you told it with perfect comedic timing. I was impressed. :)
Sweet boy, we love you so. All the parts of you, even the tough ones. I can't imagine our life without you in it. I am truly thankful for each day we get to spend with you here on earth.
I can't believe that you're 4!
1 comment:
Ah girl! What a beautiful dedication to your little man! Loved it. Love you.
Post a Comment