Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Tree Day!

If you'll remember, I've got a thing for Christmas tree farms.  I guess it began the one Christmas I can recall where I convinced my parents that we should go to Cricket's tree farm down the road and cut our own tree.  Well, I'm pretty sure they paid someone to cut it...but it was a fresh cut beauty nonetheless.  It looked great in our living room, except for the fact that it was too tall and we couldn't stand it up straight.  We probably used a very scientific measuring system while meandering through the trees like, 'as tall as your brother with his arm in the air.'  My dad had to drag the tree back outside and saw a couple of feet off.  I can't get the image of him in our front yard, sap all over himself, cursing our stupid real tree out of my head.  It's just not Christmas if I can't wander through hundreds of trees and conjure up this favorite holiday memory of mine.  So, with much reluctance, hubby agreed to go to the farm I selected this year.  Although, he was quite confident we'd be making another trip to Home Depot.

They had a tree maze!


C loved it!  We ran around that maze for over half an hour.
C was Mario, I was Luigi because I rock that accent,
And Daddy was Koopa.  Scary, right?





We spent a good amount of time at the farm, despite the cold.  C declined to visit with Santa.  Seen one seen 'em all, I guess.  We could've paid $30 to cut down any of the trees in the maze.  But, they were a little too real.  Yep, I'm a tree snob.  I just want one that's done a little preparation for the role, that's all.  We got a beautiful 9 foot Frasier fir.  Same tree would've cost us a small fortune back in KS.  Not so here...locally grown.  Point for MD.  We had no fears about it fitting in our place, we've got obnoxiously tall ceilings in the living room.  We did worry about having enough lights and ornaments to cover the thing, but it looks beautiful!



Can you see the tiny headlight zooming around the bottom of the tree?  A gift from hubby's parents.  C was thrilled to "have a Christmas train just like Grandpa."
Now it feels like the holidays.

1 comment:

Leah said...

So I am loving the 9 ft tall Christmas tree! Way to enjoy MD!