Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Friday, July 8, 2011

Fun for the 4th

We didn't participate in any 4th of July festivities this year. :(  They had a big thing going on here on base, but it was open to the public and they were expecting 10,000 people.  I'm not as anti-people, I mean anti-crowds as hubby is, but even that sounded like a mess I didn't want to deal with.  We still managed to squeeze plenty of fun into the weekend and I don't think any one missed the big celebration.  (Although I think they had funnel cake.) :(

Saturday we had a great time at Kaylee's birthday party.


And Sunday was all about the girls.  Hubby only gave me a bit of grief about my girl's day...
...but it was definitely worth it.  I got a massage, a facial, the Olive Garden, the movies, and lots of great grown-up conversation with my friend!
And we made goodies!
Even though he likes to tease, hubby really is supportive of me taking an occasional "adult time-out." ;)  He even suggested we make it a quarterly ritual!  Sounds good to me.

No comments: