While we had grand dreams of sleeping in and lounging around our hotel all day Saturday, we knew that wouldn't fly with the four year old. The exercise room at our hotel had a tv, so he was kind enough to watch a couple of cartoons while hubby and I worked out together in the morning. (Very early morning. How else do you think we secured the tv? I'm sure all the late comers were glad to see us leave. Who knows, though...maybe they left Penguins of Madagascar on after we left.)
After breakfast we headed to a national aviary. I was not too keen on the idea. I don't even like going in the small aviaries at zoos. Birds are not my favorite. I was practically attacked once at the KC zoo (my friend Allison can attest to that!) Add to that the fear of being pooped on and I'm a nervous wreck. Ha!
Here I am. Facing my fears.I'm still not a bird fan, but C liked it so much I actually had fun.
He wanted those wings, but settled for the great horned owl.
After our morning at the aviary, we enjoyed a nice lunch and then met up with Grandma for a little shopping and train riding.
Hubby took C down to the hotel pool in the afternoon and I stayed behind to read. It was a good day. And the wedding was next...
1 comment:
I could just see him running around with those wings on and knocking everything over in sight. LOL
Post a Comment