Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

New York!

As hubby's deployment crept up on us, I decided I needed one more girls night before he left.  (Don't worry, when not running off on weekend getaways, I have been spending all my time with him!) :) 


I emailed my dear friend Bonnie and asked her if she was up for company and a couple of weeks later I was off for a weekend getaway to Brooklyn!  Can you tell I'm super excited?  That's my bolt bus ticket.
I made it!
I didn't take nearly enough pictures.  But, we did a lot of fun stuff.  We also did a lot of just hanging out, relaxing.  I think they were expecting a more ambitious house guest.  I kept trying to explain to them that just having an uninterrupted adult conversation is a vacation for me.  Haha!

My first night there they took me to a yummy pizza place and then to little Italy for the best cannoli!
The next day they took me to Shake Shack for one of the best burgers I've had.  (Hmm, this is making it seem like my trip revolved around food)
Then we went to Macy's.  Oh. my. word.  This place was insanely big, and busy!  It was crazy!!!
We sought refuge on the furniture floor, where Bonnie and I almost decided to take naps on the sofa.
That night we got to see Alex's band play at a little coffee house. 

On our way home we picked up some cheesecake (again with the food) :)  The next day Bonnie and I slept in, went to brunch, walked around her neighborhood, watched some tv, and took a nap before it was time for me to head back home.  It was the perfect low key weekend!  I told them next time I come I'll have to bring C.  He really wants to "ride one of those trains that goes under the ground."

No comments: