In the past, C and his little cousin Cora have never really clicked. Back when we hung out with them in January I spent a decent amount of time fielding inquiries like this, "Why won't Cora hold my hand? And why does she always want to sit with you and not me? She doesn't even like me. Does she not know me? Is that why she doesn't want to play?" My sweet son is boisterous and physical and loud and intense! ;) And Cora is, well, not. Or at least she didn't used to be!
As we got out of the car for lunch at Red Robin C ran full speed straight at Cora for what I was sure was going to be a very enthusiastic greeting (on his part!). I may have cringed a little remembering the time he unzipped her jacket and she was inconsolable for a good five minutes. "This is not going to go well" I thought just as C wrapped his arms around Cora and lifted her off the ground exclaiming "I missed you!" Oh geez. Talk about an invasion of personal space. And I thought it was bad when he unzipped her. C was still holding onto her when I caught up to them and little miss Cora was laughing!
And that's pretty much how it went. They were not without their quibbles, but overall they got along so well. It was awesome. C no longer seemed to intimidate her and quiet, reserved miss Cora has really come out of her shell. She is a spicy little thing! And so fun! The two of them together just cracked me up. :)
Marking his height on the wall. It's tradition. I'm even on there from back in our dating days.
The bad boy buggy is always a huge hit out on Grandma and Grandpa's farm.
A trip to the zoo!
Yep, I get that look a lot from this little man. ;) I have to say, we are making huge improvements. Last time we were together I could bring him to tears just by making eye contact. I know! So sad. :(
I got many smiles this time around and he even let me hold him a few times (as long as his mama wasn't in sight) :)
He found the perfect seat for the animal show.
He was so thrilled he got to be a volunteer.
Petting the alligator.
Riding the new sky ride at the zoo.
Pop-up trailer camping in Grandma and Grandpa's driveway.
After seeing how much fun C had on his first night in the camper, Cora wanted to join in the fun on night two.
Happy Grandma with her two well rested grand kids. (C took a 5 hour nap that day!!! He was so exhausted from waking up too early and staying up too late every day of our trip that he totally needed it.) But, as you can imagine, he wasn't exactly ready for lights out when Grandma was. :)
Visiting with hubby's grandparents.
Feeding the goats.
C loves to be out at Grandma and Grandpa's "farm." I don't really know enough about country living to determine if it is a true farm, hence the quotes. It's country enough to be kind of a dream for a little boy (and a little boy's mama) wide open space to run and plenty of adventures to be had. But, it's so close to the city I don't think true country bumpkins would call it a farm. Whatever! We like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment