We are officially Texans y'all! Well, I don't know if we're actually official yet. Are we residents if we live in a hotel? ;) We arrived today and settled in to our little studio hotel room. We have a kitchenette, plenty of room for a pac-n-play, and C is quite comfy on the pull-out sofa. The boys are excited to get in the outdoor pool tomorrow...and since it was 101 degrees today, I'm pretty sure it will be warm enough to swim. Ha! Tomorrow morning we are meeting our realtor and have four homes to look at. Hopefully all four of them will still be on the market tomorrow! The week hubby and I were in town everything was moving so quickly. Fingers crossed!
We took four days to make the drive from Maryland. The army pays for your hotel stays based on mileage and according to their calculations...that's how long it was supposed to take us. It's a use it or lose it situation so even though we could have driven more each day we chose to milk the government and get all of our free hotel stays. ;) We only had to do about 6 hours of driving each day so we made some fun stops along the way. The first was in Chattanooga, TN where we spent the afternoon at the aquarium.
They were too cute walking around hand in hand.
The touch tank. Definitely my favorite part of the day...thanks in part to that girl in the pink shorts. She was so eager to reach one of those rays she fell face first into that touch tank. Soaking wet from her waist up. You don't know the willpower it took to wait until she walked away to start laughing.
Shark cage!
Petting the legless lizard.
I love lil' peanut holding his hand out in this picture all "let me hold it lady."
The highlight for the boys was the water play area outside the aquarium. They totally loved it...more than the actual aquarium I think. And by the way, it was free. Hindsight is 20/20. Next time we save our admission fee and just play outside. :)
There is nothing like four days in the car with your kiddos to remind you how much you love them. ;) Why can't I have one of those limo windows in my car?!? In all seriousness though, I love these boys! They are loud and obnoxious and sometimes just plain gross...boys! But, they are also silly and fun and sweet and they really do bring me so much joy! I'm so glad they are mine!!!
Sunday, June 30, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment