It's official...
We are ADOPTING!
Our approximate 18 month journey began today
This is probably old news, since I'm pretty sure the only people reading this blog are in our immediate family, and we've already told you. But, just in case you haven't heard...WE ARE ADOPTING! Can you tell I'm excited? I am...and also a little bit sad. I'm excited about adding another child to our family and all the joy that he/she will bring. But, I'm sad that my joy will come at the expense of another woman's heartache. Of course, I have no idea about the circumstances that will bring our little one to need a family. And I have no idea what it is like to give a child up for adoption. But, I believe that in a perfect world families would never be seperated...but the reality is that they are...and I am amazed that in those situations, through the miracle of adoption, a child can have a home, hope can be restored, and God can be glorified. Yes, I'm excited.
Complete phone orientation with adoption agency...check
Fill out request for formal application and mail to agency...check
Open fedex account for future correspondence...check
Do something that was way more fun than when Mom made me pose with that envelope...check
And because I like surprises...see my next post to find out where our next babe will come to us from...
2 comments:
SO excited for you! Can't wait to start crafting all sorts of things for your newest family member when you get your referral!
Congrats on your journey! Glad you posted it because I didn't know.
Post a Comment