Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Say what?

Have you had it happen to you yet?  The moment when something you said to your child suddenly comes out of their mouth to bite you in the butt?  Man, I love those moments.  Ours go something like this...

Daddy:  Where are my shoes?
Mommy: I don't know.
Daddy:  Well, I left them right here.  And the only person who would've moved them is you.
Mommy: If I moved them then it was into your closet where shoes are supposed to go.
Daddy: I checked in there.
Mommy: Well, then I don't know where they are.
Daddy: You're always moving my stuff.
C: Hey!  Hey you guys!  Hey!  Just be nice.

Daddy: C, stop! Stop running!  Stop!  You need to stop when I ask you to.  You need to listen and obey.
Daddy now walking a few steps ahead of C.
C: (whispering) Stop.  Stop.  Stop. (grabbing Daddy's arm) You obey.

C: My truck!  Fix my truck!  Fix my truck Mommy!
Mommy: I can't fix it now C.  I'm driving.  I'll fix it when we get to the house.
C: You will fix it?
Mommy: Yes, when we get to the house.
C: You will fix my truck Mommy?
Mommy:  Yes bud, I'll fix it when we get to the house.
C:  Mommy, you will fix my truck?
Mommy: Yes C!  I will fix it when we get there!
C: Just don't be grumpy at me!

Yikes!  What have we done?  Created a monster?  Nah, not with a face this adorable...

No comments: