...with a three year old!
C: Hey, where's the dish that ryhmes with that fish? Could you tell me where it is?
Mom: Well, I have a dish (pointing to my bowl). Do you have a dish? (pointing to his plate)
C: Oh, yes I do. We could get a fish like this fish (in magazine) and put him in a bowl. Could we do that please? Could we?
Mom: Hmm...maybe we could talk to Daddy and see if you could get a pet fish when we move to Maryland. Would you like to have a pet fish?
C: Yes, I would. I will get a fish and keep him in a bowl.
Mom: And you could feed him every day.
C: Yeah. And I will eat that fish.
Mom: You can't eat your pet fish. He's your pet. You have to take care of him and feed him and watch him swim around.
C: Could you tell me that story Mom?
Mom: What story?
C: That story about how kids can't eat their pet fish?
Mom: When you have a pet fish, you can't eat it. You feed it and keep its bowl clean and watch it swim around.
C: Oh, right. I will eat a owl! Could I do that please, oh please? When I move to Maryland could I do that?
Mom: Umm...
C: That owl will fly in our house and we will put him in our oven and eat him. Could I do that please?
Mom: Well...
C: I will eat bats and owls!! Can I do that?
Mom: If we ever eat at a place that serves owls and bats then you could order them. Ok?
C: Ok, I will.
Mom: You won't even eat vegetables and you're going to eat an owl?
C: Yes, I can!
3 comments:
What an imagination!! And if you get a fish, and it eventually floats on the top of the water- are you going to tell him that the fish went night-night? :)
Hilarious!
Love, Tia
Laughing out loud at this post. That kid of yours is so funny!
Post a Comment