Months ago my in-laws began planning a family vacation. My MIL found a fantastic beach house and we all started counting down the days until our summer getaway. Last Saturday afternoon we unpacked our bags and settled in for our week at the Outer Banks.

It didn't take us long to hit the beach.
"I make sun safety look good" ;)
I don't know anyone else who could pull off that lobster hat.
The sand was a huge hit...
The ocean was...
COLD!
Really, really cold!
Like 'I'm not going in past my ankles because I might get frostbite' cold.
We didn't mind.
C preferred to stay away from the waves where it was "safe" and I'm not too big on swimming in water where I'm not sure what else is swimming with me.
There was plenty of fun to be had in the sand...
...and we saw DOLPHINS! I was excited...six year old little girl kind of excited...hubby made fun of me...but, I didn't care...I saw DOLPHINS...in the wild...excitement!
We shared sticky sunscreen hugs and totally rocked our beach hats...
...we watched the waves and dug our toes into the sand...
...we found seashells and built sandcastles...
...we buried toys (and children) in the sand...
...we played and laughed...
We
had
FUN
And the beach was just the beginning...
No comments:
Post a Comment