Last weekend I haphazardly threw our clothes and toothbrushes into a laundry basket (fyi, the perfect packing method for a two-night trip) and we headed to my sister's. I'll admit, as I'm sure my sister would as well, it wasn't the most relaxing weekend ever. Because being in the presence of another child brings with it the need to monitor your own child every minute to make sure the kiddos are not beating the crap out of each other sharing. ;) But, man there is something about spending time with another mama, laughing together, finding joy in moments that when you're alone might have you pulling your hair out...something about it that feeds your soul like a relaxing weekend never could. And when that other mama happens to be your sister? Bonus.
Friday evening we hit up the county fair. Despite the fact that my nephew looked like he was going to hurl on most of the rides...I think the boys had fun, ;)
Cheap, ridiculous fair toys...and the whining for them. Oy. We are NOT here to buy toys. We are going to spend our money to have fun riding rides. Yes, yes I remember the Batman balloon that you got at that other fair we went to with Daddy that got a rip in it that had to be thrown away. Ok, alright, if they have one we will get it to replace the one that broke. Ok? Ok! Now, do not say one more word to me about buying you a toy.
Of course. Haha!
We went to dinner at a new wood-fired pizza place that night. Where Aunt Ray Ray took B out to the foyer three times for time out while my sister took advantage of the opportunity and scarfed down as much as she could of our smores dessert pizza before I brought her kid back to the table. Mind you, my child was not perfectly behaved either. We decided we'll go back again when both of our husbands can come along. And we'll have separate tables. One for the boys. And one for us girls. On opposite sides of the restaurant. ;)
It was a short trip, but one that was well worth it! Love living near my sister!!
No comments:
Post a Comment