Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Friday, October 2, 2015

Zoo Church

There are a few things that I really don't like about moving.  Finding a church is one of them.  There's just something so awkward about "church shopping" as we affectionately call it.  Add in a kiddo who really struggles with change and a baby who really struggles with going to a nursery without mama and it can be a pretty rough experience for everyone.  I tried a few churches with my sidekick C who I can always count on for honest feedback. "Eh, it was ok." "Boring." "Mom! They have video games!!!!  Best church ever!"  After the video game church (let me just say when your kid can tell you every little detail about who played which character, what the scores were, and which levels were played and remember NOTHING else...that's a problem!) there was a new church I wanted to try.  It was a Sunday that hubby had drill and I decided I wasn't up for flying solo with the kids so instead I declared it to be "Church at the Zoo" day!  I somehow even convinced Nana and Papa to play hooky on a Sunday morning and join us as we celebrated all the unique and interesting animals God filled the world with. :)  We had a blast! 
 
 







Usually I have to force them to let me get one picture of all of them together, but this day they were so into taking pictures.  I was loving it.



He was freaking Nana out with his daddy long leg friend.

Not five seconds after I told him "Papa said don't get poop on his hat" he got pooped on!

He got such a kick out of that!

Our first church at the zoo was quite the success.  I don't think we'll make it a regular habit, but it was certainly a great time to spend outside enjoying creation with my little blessings.

No comments: