Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Tree Day

Last year, due to our move, we weren't able to get our tree until about a week before Christmas.  That may explain why I wanted one so early this year.  I still refuse to get a tree before Thanksgiving (only crazy people do that!) But, just a few days later we set out on our Christmas Tree Day adventure.

Donuts for breakfast...yum!

The hubby wanted to go straight to Home Depot for our tree after he had seen some on sale.  What a sad Christmas Tree Day.  Pull up to Home Depot, hop out, grab a tree off the ground, and go home?  No way!  So, I decided that we would, in fact, give C the complete Christmas tree farm experience this year.  I chose Bishop's Pine Crest Tree Farm.  It came complete with free cookies, cocoa, and train rides.  Yes, it was a little far away..and yes the hubby did offer to get us cocoa on the way to Home Depot...and yes he did say that the train would probably be some white-trash trailer hooked up to a lawnmower.  To this I argued that it was, indeed, a legitimate train because I had seen a picture...
this picture...

My bad.

Yes, that engine is a tiny tractor in disguise.  And those cars are made out of 50 gallon plastic drums.
But just look how much fun he had! 

This smile was what I kept pointing out to my husband every time he gave me the "I told you so" look.

 A little warm-me-up snuggle.

"I like this one Mom!"  Too bad.  Yep, after looking at several price tags it became clear that we would be making a stop at Home Depot after all.

But, not before we explored the rest of the tree farm.

Just look at his face...there's an I was right gleam all over it.

Even he will admit that we all had a lot of fun!  It would've been more fun if we'd partaken of the free cookies and cocoa...but somebody didn't think that would be the right thing to do since we weren't planning on purchasing a tree.

Back in the warm and cozy car.

Our lovely (and affordable!) Home Depot tree.


I will call this next set of pictures...Daddy's little helper.





Best Christmas Tree Day Ever!

No comments: