Me: You know I love you.
C: I love you too.
Me: A lot.
C: I love you a lot too. A million inches.
"Honey, could you quiet down."
C: My grandma was a cheetah and my grandpa was a tiger just like me. And I like pancakes. My grandparents used to let me have them. When I was two years old they did. And then they died.
Me: Did that make you sad?
C: No, cuz I will still kill people.
raising my eyebrows
C: No, no I didn't mean good people. I'm just talking about killing bad people.
"Honey, could you give our kids a bath? They stink!"
This conversation occurred during my sister's last visit while she was changing my nephew's diaper...oh, you already know where this is headed don't you...
C: He's got a little penis.
Me: Well, he's a little person.
C: When he's a big boy like me he'll have a long skinny penis just like me.
"Where's princess peach? She's my best girl. She came to my birthday."
Me: C, I'm really glad you're my son. I love you.
C: (fake burp)
Me: C, that wasn't very nice.
C: Sorry Mommy. Do you forgive me?
Me: Yes I do.
C: (real fart)
C: I'm so disappointed with my brother (FYI he's had a "brother" for several months now. Usually he's doing things C isn't allowed to do, his name is Chris, and he's almost always nine years old.)
Me: You are? Why?
C: Because he keeps putting poop all over his food.
Me: Oh, that's disgusting.
C: Yeah, and then he eats it!
Me: Yuck. How are you going to get him to stop?
C: Maybe by punchin' him or kickin' him or somethin'.
Since he does often speak of his "brother" after we received our referral I had to explain to him that now he actually has a brother. So, he needs to be careful what he says because people will think he's talking about his real brother and not Chris. He took it to heart because lately he's been adding a disclaimer...
C: Can you just do what my brother says? Talkin' 'bout Chris, not the baby.
C: But, I really want Grace to be my mom.
Me: Well, I think Miss Grace is pretty busy with the two kids she already has. Besides, you're my kid and I love you way too much to ever give you to someone else.
C: If you were a kid and I was a grown up I would give you away to somebody else because you're stinky.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment