Whew! I am glad this day is over! With the exception of lil' peanut, we are all battling varying degrees of sickness over here. Hubby is currently in the worst shape and has been upstairs in bed since 3pm. The man never gets sick! At least never when I'm healthy and mobile! Anyway, it made for a looong afternoon and evening. But, I crawled my way (literally) :) to 7pm when I put the boys to bed early. (I even managed to do the dishes and a few loads of laundry) C, poor baby, is feverish and just feeling crummy. He could barely keep his eyes open. I'm just praying none of us get what hubby's got!!! And I'm hoping a good, long rest is what he needs to make a full recovery.
A few days ago, before the plague hit our house, we went for a drive and some exploring out at a wildlife refuge. Here are some pictures that hubby snapped.
Oh, he makes me laugh in this hat.
Hubby got down the winter accessory basket so C could pick a stocking cap. He pulled this old, raggedy one out and said "What is this?!" I replied, a little defensively, that it was my Dad's. "Why do you have it? Your poor dad, you always take his stuff. You were just wearing his shirt the other day!" Ha! He would be referring to one of my favorite plaids. ;) I told him they are my memories. Every chilly memory I have of my dad, he's wearing this hat. I like remembering that when I wear it (or see one of my kid's wearing it!) Same is true of that plaid shirt, and the other plaid shirt, and those pajama's...ok, maybe I should stop stealing my dad's stuff.Up in the look-out tower.
See our car in the background? I'm in there. :)
Hoping it's not long before we're all well enough for another adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment