I know sometimes my blog might look a little biased. With this handsome little guy taking center stage. I think there are two reasons for that. One, since bringing him home I have blogged with his foster mom in mind. She still checks the blog regularly and I hate the idea of her logging on to find that I haven't posted any new pictures of him. Reason number two, I never see Christopher! Waaah! :( Ok, maybe I just feel like I never see him. When my two boys are both home things are busy, busy, busy! So, I don't normally think to grab my camera.
My mornings with lil' peanut have been going really well. I remember posting after C started school that I didn't know what to do with my other child! :) He used to get upset if anyone went "bye bye" without him, but now he happily waves Daddy and C off and settles in to our morning routine. It's all about the cars people! Cars and trains. He happily plays with them for hours. The other day I tried to catch him in mid-play, but when he saw me with the camera he jumped up and was all grins and giggles. That's how I ended up with this sweet little picture.
We are off to my sister's this weekend. C is so excited to go to his cousin Branden's house. He was at daycare when we stopped by on our way back from Kansas a few months ago so it's been awhile since they have been together. And it's also the first time lil' peanut and Branden will meet each other!
Then on Monday I've got my second ankle surgery. This time I will be in a boot for 6 weeks. My ortho said I probably won't feel like it, but I could get up and walk on it the day of surgery if I wanted to. My ankle has been doing ok. I've been in physical therapy the past two weeks and have just in the past couple of days started limping less and walking more. My physical therapist has been working on a problem I have going on called RSD. I guess it can result from trauma caused by surgery. It's an issue with the nerves. So, I'm having some pain associated with that along with discoloration/strange sensations/etc.
Hopefully Monday's surgery will be the last one needed to fix this ankle for good. My ortho said we won't know until March if the first surgery was successful (it doesn't work in about 10% of patients who then have to go on to have full cartilage replacement).
Hoping to get some fun pictures of the four boys together this weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment