A couple of weeks ago at church my friend Kayla commented on how cute C's hair looked spiked up. I told her I loved styling it that way but was too scared to have it shaved into a full-on mohawk. She very matter-of-factly replied, "Get him a faux hawk." A faux hawk? What the heck is a faux hawk? "It's like a fake mohawk" she says. Oh. So, I could spike it up into a mohawk...but it would still look normal if I didn't? "Yeah." Well, what do I tell them at the hair place? "Tell them you want a faux hawk." Ok, then. Easy as pie. I did do a little google images research before taking the plunge.
Ok David, you convinced me.
So, with images of David Beckham er...faux hawks in my head, we headed back to Great Clips. This time C saw a much more personable stylist. We were actually able to confirm that she had teeth due to the fact that she exposed them several times while smiling. ;) We waited about 20 minutes for our turn. Then she called us back. She asked me "So, what are we doing today?" Well, I...um...I kindof want...uh...can you do a faux hawk? "Yeah. How short do you want the sides?" Ok, so I am the only person this is new to. I asked C if I could go sit back down. "Yeah, you go sit in those chairs over there and wait for me." Ok, then. Easy as pie. The look on his face as he strutted toward me after he was done was priceless. So proud of his new "mohawk." I told him how cool he looked and he asked, "Can I have my cookie now?" The child forgets nothing. That morning when he asked for another cookie I told him he could have one after his haircut.
Enjoying his reward...
Looking all grown up! Doesn't he look cool Daddy?
Today he told me "mohawks are for kids." That's good because I certainly don't want one in the future...and I know "some" Dads that don't have enough hair for a mohawk. Indeed, "mohawks are for kids."

1 comment:
wow- does he look handsome or what?! Just about one of the cutest kids I have ever seen. :)
Post a Comment