Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Monday, March 8, 2010

Texas-Day Five

Sunday morning we woke up bright and early to get my sister and baby B to the airport for their flight. 
Sharing a muffin with Aunt Net at the airport.
This is how he looks when he is pretending to be a house.
Saying goodbye :(
Our flights didn't leave until late afternoon, so we had plenty of time to play in Houston.  On our way to the Museum of Natural History.
Killing time outside while we wait for the doors to open up.
The Gem Vault.  It was dark and made for a great tunnel for us trains. :)  There was a whole exhibit of all sorts of precious stones.  Each one had a little label that said where it came from.  We couldn't find one from the mines of West Virginia...come on Uncle Bobo, get to work!
They had a big exhibit on the animals of Africa.  Showing C where his next little sibling will be/was born.
Pointing (sordof) to Ethiopia.
Watching some educational video about energy.  He was intrigued.
Learning about...oil?  I'm not really a "sign reader" at museums.
Waiting for our 3-D show about sharks to start!!  C liked it.  Except for the part where he jumped about a foot because he thought the jellyfish were actually going to touch him!
After the museum we headed back over to the park that was outside of the zoo.  C wanted to ride the train again.  And we went out on the little lake in a paddle boat.  Hubby complained the whole time that he was doing all the work.  I told him it was because he was trying to go too fast.  I was pedaling at a leisurely pace...just enjoying myself.  He still had it way better than people we saw who were out with just their kids.  I told him to just be thankful I was the one on the other set of pedals and not C!!
We got to the airport early and hung out in the USO until it was time for C and I to board our plane.  It took some explaining that he and Mommy were getting on this plane and Daddy was going on another plane.  But, that soon we were going to join Daddy in Maryland!  (I think he thought that was happening this time!)  I think he is getting it.  Anytime he plays with a plane he says that Mommy, Daddy, and C are on it and we're going to Maryland.  He does like to add in other people...pretty much our whole family.  So, he might be a bit disappointed when he finds out not everyone is coming with us.  Come to think of it, he might be disappointed when he finds out we are driving. 

No comments: