Day Two started off with some quality time with baby B. We got to hang out with him almost every morning. My sister would drop him off at our room so she could get ready. It was so much fun to watch C with his newest little cousin. He was pretty good about being gentle. He really wanted to squeeze him!! Pretty sure he did a few times, but baby B took it all in stride. He's such an easy-going little guy. (Takes after his father!) Right, sis?
Sweetness.
After we had breakfast downstairs (which was a million times better than dinner the night before) we headed out to the Sea Center. I wanted to take C there while we were in town. I remember my grandparents taking me and thinking it was so awesome! I also remember shopping for a souvenior in the huge giftshop. Which, is actually a little counter with a few toys and a cash register. It also took us all of 5 minutes to walk through the place. My how things are different when you're all grown up. But, C thought it was fun. So, did the older boys (hubby and my brother) even though they acted bored to tears the whole time. They liked it.
This was a pretty regular sight on our trip. "I want to sit by Aunt Net. I want to walk with Aunt Net. Aunt Net carry me. Can I go to Aunt Net's room? Aunt Net, Aunt Net, Aunt Net..." The child has a new obsession. It must be her pretty blonde hair.
Checking out the "touch tank" with Uncle J. C touched "one of those things that Nemo lives in that I won't even attempt to spell."
They have a boardwalk that goes out over the water. That's C running with his new eel. We got it from the huge giftshop. ;)
After the Sea Center we went over to my great aunt Hazel's house to hang out with the fam. She happens to live across from a park. We spent quite a bit of time over there, taking advantage of that warm Texas weather! Below are the pictures of the infamous ant attack. Here we are, posing for a photo. I would like to point out that my sister wanted to pose "over by that big tree."
After this lovely photo, we decided to get one of us with my brother and C. So, we climbed up on the playground equipment. My sis and I were next to eachother on the double slides. My brother was acting unenthusiastic behind us and C was on Net's lap (of course, I did mention his obsession with her, right?) Right before hubby snaps the photo, I happen to look down and notice that there are ants all over the slide and my sister's pants. She practically threw C off her lap as we both scrambled off the slides. I checked my own pants first, of course! After deciding I was safe, I came to my sister's aid. This is me slapping the crap out of her legs. Notice the boys are nowhere to be found. Hubby is snapping photos. My brother is taking video (which I hope I can figure out how to post) and C was probably laughing at us. After we got all the ants off and checked her shoes, three times, Aunt Net ran back to the house. But, not before determining where she picked up all her little friends. I thought it was really strange that they were all over her and not me. Even though we were both sitting on the slides together. Well, we went back to the site of our photo. Remember, the one she insisted we take by the big tree? And there was her footprint right in the middle of a huge aunt hill.
This is C making fun of Aunt Net. He ran around screaming "There's bugs on my pants!" It was awesome. The whole experience was awesome, for me. Until we got back to the house and all of a sudden I feel something crawling on my forehead. An ant! I promptly joined my sister in the bathroom where I made her do a thourough inspection of my hair. As we stood there in our underwear checking ourselves for stowaway ants we realized what a great memory we were making. "Remember that time we were in Aunt Hazel's bathroom in our underwear?!?" Classic.
C had a great time playing with my cousin Timothy. He especially enjoyed stealing his hat.
Baby B slept the entire time we were there. Finally, my sister had to wake him up to feed him before we left for the visitation. C wanted to help. Baby B is a heavy sleeper. Even all of C's poking and prodding didn't do the job.
We left from Hazel's for my Grandma's visitation. The funeral home was very accomodating and had a spare room set up with a tv and dvd player for the kids to hang out in. C was really the only one who spent any time in there. Baby B and the other little one, Morgan, are still non-verbal. So, I guess their parents weren't worried about them being in the room. I did not want my fears of C saying something like "why is that lady sleeping?" to be realized...so he and Daddy hung out for most of the evening in the extra room. C did play with his second cousin Morgan in the back of the chapel for a little while. These two really seemed to hit it off.
Their bond was cemented with cheezits.
The visitation was a nice time of remembering my Grandma. We looked through old photo albums and visited with family. I thought my Grandma looked really good. Really just like she was sleeping. Which is ironic because now she is more awake and alive than she's ever been. She had so many beautiful flowers. The ones on her casket were just gorgeous. Tons of lavender roses and other pinks and purples. When my mom went to arrange for the flowers, my uncle Richard told her "I don't care what you get. Just make sure she has a big ass casket spray." And she did. Have a big ass, beautiful casket spray.
By the time we got back to the hotel it was C's bedtime. But, hubby, being the indulgent type told C he could get in the pool. I didn't want to. It was bedtime. And it was cold! But, I'm so glad we went down. The water was so warm. It felt awesome. The moon was very pretty and we all had such a fun time. It was totally worth staying up late. The swimming was worth it. The getting out of the pool and freezing in the cold air...not so much.
1 comment:
He really is pretty gentle with his younger cousins. A pretty special little guy.
Post a Comment