I had to pull out all the stops for these two kiddos last week. Lots of toddler energy and nowhere to go run it off! I think they are definitely ready for warmer weather. I know I am so ready for winter to be over. And it's only January!
The past few days have been busy with hubby getting all packed up and ready to go. He is leaving tomorrow and taking two days to make the long drive to Maryland. He is on active duty orders working for the 200th Military Police Command at Fort Meade, MD. He reports Wednesday morning and starts training for his new job. C and I will stay in Kansas until mid-April. For several reasons...one, hubby is already scheduled for an army school during the month of March out in California...two, I am finishing up my session of teaching at Christian Youth Theatre which ends Feb. 15...three, so I can continue to watch B until closer to when my brother breaks for summer. Hubby is going to try to take "leave in-route" and come straight from the end of his school on April 5 back here to get us loaded up and take us to Maryland. We are definitely not looking forward to spending 3 months apart. We've got our web cams all ready to go. I am just praying for C that these few months will not be too hard on him being without his Daddy. I know there are so many children of those in our armed forces that go much, much longer than a few months without seeing their mom or dad. I think it is easy to forget...everyone say a prayer for all the little ones missing mom and dad. It has got to be so hard. And pray for strength for the parent left to handle everything at home. I am so thankful for those that serve our country. Someone...many someones have to do it. And I am glad for the ones that make such sacrifices for our country. I hope you are too!
In the midst of our busy weekend, we had a birthday celebration to attend! I baked up a storm for B's Mickey Mouse party. My cake skills definitely leave something (manythings) to be desired...but the birthday girl liked them, so I was happy.
I took this shot of C while everyone was singing happy birthday to B. He was so excited (probably just because he knew he could FINALLY eat the cake after this) He was so cute singing along. I think he was the only kid who sang...or at least the only one I heard. Maybe the other kids were just a lot better at the happy birthday song so their voice didn't lag behind everyone else's as they added extra words and whatnot.
Right now C is napping and hubby is at his parents' house. His dad is taking over his class at Christian Youth Theatre so they are going over all of that. I should be working on my own CYT stuff, but I thought I'd take just a little break to blog. Check back to hear stories of hubby's adventures in MD and to see how C and I are holding up.
1 comment:
You know your dad and I are here for you and C for anything you need.
Post a Comment