I went to a friend's Pampered Chef party tonight and this baby had my name written all over it. I am super excited about it and anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new garlic press. Although I do love to 'play Rachael Ray' and whack the garlic with my big knife, peel it, and chop it up into tiny little pieces...I think I might fall in love with pressing.
In other news, hubby made it to Fort Meade this evening. He was able to get a room on base for two nights. After that, they will hopefully have his hotel room ready. He will stay in a hotel room for 2-3 weeks before moving into a government apartment. He is going to be sad when he has to move out of the hotel. He's pretty excited about not having to clean his own bathroom or make his bed. Wait a minute...that doesn't sound like something new...hmm. He'll get to move one more time when we join him in April. And it looks like we will qualify for on-base housing so he's going to see about getting us on the waiting list for that tomorrow.
We went over to my friend Melissa's house this morning and C played with her son. They had a great time chasing each other around. Such a great time, that C threw the mother of all fits when it was time to leave. That was fun. I didn't get any pictures of them playing...which I should have. I want to make sure we see all his little friends a few more times before we move and get pictures of all of them so he can have them at our new home.
I'm also going to get him one of those photo boards and put pics of our families up there. I don't think he will be forgetting anybody. This past weekend at the in-laws house we busted up a peppermint pig.
It's a tradition that Tia's husband's family does, so she got one for all of us to try. You put the pig in the bag and then everyone takes a turn saying what they are thankful for from the last year and what they are hoping for in the next year. And then you hit the pig! That's the fun part. Anyway...back to the point of my story. When it was C's turn and we asked him what he was thankful for he said, "Uncle Bobo." (My sister's husband) I can only think of three times in his life that he has even seen Uncle Bobo, the most recent of those times being over a year ago. But, he not only remembers who he is, he is thankful for him. Aww. So, all of you family members out there reading...don't worry...he will still know you. And if you've made as big of an impression on him as Uncle Bobo, then he might just be thankful for you too. ;)
1 comment:
How funny!! Uncle
Bobo should be honored.
Post a Comment