Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Me and My Boys plus Lil' Miss makes Six

Monday, January 25, 2010

Operation Organize continues

This morning a certain little person was up and ready to go way before I was.  I told him that Mommy doesn't get up until the sun comes up.  (Is that so unreasonable?)  So, I gave him the choice to either go back to sleep or play quietly.  He, of course, chose play quietly...but shockingly-that's exactly what he did!  At least I think that's what he did.  Heck, I don't know, I was sleeping. ;)  He came back in my room, looked out the window to confirm that the sun was indeed up, and then told me to "Come see what I did."  Uh-oh.  Insert 'sigh of relief.' 

Continuing in the spirit of Operation Organize, I decided to sort through some of C's toys today.  I also decided to spend the rest of my birthday money on something a little more attractive than the "chicken coop" as hubby likes to call it.

Behold our new toy storage...

Love it!

After I tackled that I felt like rearranging the whole living room.  I think that must be 'my thing' when hubby's away.  As I was pushing the couch across the floor I remembered doing the same thing with our bed when he was in Iraq.  I was already at work when C woke up from his nap.  He and Papa had a conversation that went something like this.

C: Hey!  Why'd that couch move over there?  Who did that?  Who moved that couch?
Papa:  I think your Mommy did.
C:  No, mommy is not strong enough to move that couch.  I did not help her.  Mommy is not strong.
Papa:  Well, I didn't help her.  I think she did it all by herself.
C:  No, I don't think so.  I don't think Mommy was strong enough to move that couch.

Hubby is doing well.  A little bored.  A little lonely.  But, liking his new job and the area.  We think he might be able to visit the weekend of the 13th and 14th.  Here's hoping.

No comments: