My conversation with hubby this afternoon began with him saying, "You are not going to believe what happened today." Neither will you, I promise. Not that I think this happens at all, but just in case looking at my blog is a family affair at your house...you best leave the children out this time. I'll try my best to relay hubby's story as he told it to me, but I'm sure when he reads it he'll find something wrong...oh well...you've got to hear this...
So, I go over to finance and I'm waiting to see Mr. So and So (no I'm not protecting his identity, hubby really said that) to get my pay worked out. And they call me back and I go sit down in Mr. So and So's office. And he turns a little bit in his chair to face me and starts going over the paperwork that I need to fill out. And when I glance down at the paperwork I notice he's got a hole in his pants...like they are ripped open at the seam in his crotch...and this guy's penis is sticking out of the hole....just hanging out. I'm like, "Oh my gosh, is this really happening? What do I do?" Of course, I'm not listening to a thing he is saying about the paperwork. I'm just thinking that it's 3:30 in the afternoon and how many people have already seen this old guy's penis?!? I'm sitting there trying to decide if I should tell him or not. And I finally decide that I can't just walk out and subject him to more humiliation. So, I'm trying to get up my nerve and think of how exactly I'm going to say this when in walks the other lady from the finance office with the next soldier to be seen. Now there's no way I can bring it up in front of two women. (At this point I exclaimed, "So, you just left?!?) Well, yeah I wasn't going to say anything after they walked in. When I got back to my office the other NCO I work with was like, "Oh good, you saw finance." Boy did I.
He told this story to me on speaker when my mom was over and we were both dying! Seriously, when does something like that happen in real life? And how awesome that it happened on hubby's first day at Fort Meade...what a way to start the tour! Ha! I hope you weren't too grossed out and that you got as good a laugh out of that as I did!
Moving on...hubby's first day went well (with the obvious exception!). He spent most of his day in-processing. He thinks he will actually start training on his job tomorrow. Which, by the way, his job is not at all what he expected! In a good way. There are no visitors allowed in his building, no cameras, no cell phones. He said it looks like something you would see in a movie on the inside. And you have to have an even higher security clearance to get into his office (yep, he has his own). He's kindof a big deal. ;) Anyway, he's got some fast learning to do since he's never worked in this capacity before, but thinks it will be a positive experience and look pretty darn good on his resume.
We tried to webcam tonight, but he had a bad internet connection and we kept getting cut off. He moves to a hotel tomorrow, so we will try again and hopefully his connection is better there. He met with someone at the housing department today and she said that we shouldn't have a problem getting a place on base. Thirty days out from our move-in date, she will meet with him to go over available properties. This will probably be over the phone since hubby will be in California for the whole month of March. I looked online at the housing website and everything looks nice. Even the older places look just fine. Hubby said he drove around and all the neighborhoods have several playgrounds and a community center with b-ball courts, pool, etc. I think living on base will make it easier to meet people and it definitely alleviates the stress of trying to find a safe neighborhood to live in.
The kiddos and I had a pretty low-key day. I got caught up on laundry and we did puzzles, played games and trains...lots and lots of trains, and watched Ferngully. It's kindof a weird movie, but C likes it, so whatever. ;) I'll leave you with a few pictures from our day. (Maybe they will help get the image of that old guy's penis out of your head!) Oh, sorry, did I just put it back in there?
2 comments:
HA HA HA!!!!! I'm going to read this story out loud to Kenny. I am cracking up. How did that guy not know he was letting his penis hang out??? I mean, I don't have one, but I would assume you can feel a draft... geez!
Omg... too funny!!!! I am so ridiculously excited about you moving on base. From what I gather, it is like the bestest place to raise a family! Small, safe, diverse, community with friendly people - and families (wives!) that know the military life. And, isn't Maryland like super beautiful??? I'm so happy for you (you guys! :), Sweetie!
Post a Comment